Friday, December 14, 2007

One hundred thousand

plus words.

My WPD is back up over 2000.

But here's the real shocker: In the last 6 days I've written almost 20,000 words. That's about 3000 per day. I'm flying.

There are still some places I have to go back and fill in. I'll probably spend most of the weekend reworking the Mafileo/Waïlaraitēo scenes. The WPD will go down some, although it will actually probably be mostly additional writing rather than rewriting.

I'm also probably going to completely toss the "Beginning of the end" file. There's a lot in there that just doesn't go with how I've imagined things since. I want to save the description of the storm: everything else can go.

There's definitely light at the end of that tunnel now...

God knows these words are not coming from me. My head is as empty as the husk of a coconut.

Writing makes me crave chocolate.

No comments: