Sunday, December 2, 2007

Back to work

Took a couple of days off to deal with other stuff, so my average has suffered, although I put in a good stint today. (A lot of today was rewriting, so didn't generate that much new wordage.)

It was worth it. Mafileo's part 3 is now much stronger and I've found the emotional thread I needed for her. It will continue through parts 4 and 5 (her section is probably going to be the longest of the three). Also introduced a new character that I needed to, somewhat earlier than I'd planned, but this seems to be the right place. The chapters are now in better balance in terms of length and as emotional units.

I think I'm still on track to finish the rough draft by the end of this month, with God's help. I now feel like I'm close to 2/3 done.

Probably not much wordage tomorrow as I have to go to an all-day meeting in Eugene... but it's good to be back in the saddle. Onward!

No comments: