Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Plan

So, to clarify what I'm up to:

I plan insh'allah to spend October developing more background. Will try to post regularly-- daily, if work allows. I see where the big gaps are, and I'm going to try to fill them in. I don't expect to do much actual writing this month, but of course if a great scene occurs to me I'll try to capture it.

November will be devoted to actual writing, and will probably be a much quieter month as far as this blog goes. I may post excerpts, but certainly not daily.

What's my goal for November? Well, I don't think the 50,000 words is realistic for a first-timer and someone who's also working 40 hours a week, plus there will be other commitments during the month. I also really have no idea how long the finished novel is likely to be. So I'm going to try to get as far as I can in a month of steady writing, and then see what I have to show for it. It'd be great to have a complete rough draft. More likely I'll have a draft of the first half or so, but that's still a good start.

No comments: